Students may apply for Federal Student Loans or Private Student Loans. Federal Loans offer several financial advantages over Private Loans.
Regarding all questions about financial aid of all types that students may consider applying for to cover college costs at Eastern, contact Eastern's Financial Aid Office by email: email@example.com (877-982-2322, ext. 9256) for Eastern's specific procedures and policies, and for more information and individual advice.
Federal Loan Programs
All applicants for federal loans must complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
The College Foundation of West Virginia: a free "one-stop shop for information about preparing, applying, and paying for college" provides important information--see links below-- about several types of federal student loans available to most applicants. (That website is "sponsored by the West Virginia Higher Education Policy Commission, Community and Technical College System of West Virginia, West Virginia GEAR UP, and West Virginia Department of Education.")
"PLUS loans are meant to help parents cover the costs of your undergraduate school expenses. Your parents do not have to prove ..."
Direct Stafford Loans
"Stafford loans are for students to help cover the costs of their school expenses. These loans can be subsidized or unsubsidized. ..."
Check these links for information about the Federal Direct Stafford Loan Program. If you decide to apply for this loan, complete the new application (MPN: Master Promissory Note) through the following steps:
1) Go to www.studentloans.gov. Sign in (create an account) using student’s FAFSA PIN (that you created when first completing the FAFSA form).
2) Complete the master promissory note (MPN). This is the loan application.
3) Complete entrance counseling.
Additional important information:
• Students will need the FAFSA PIN. (If it is forgotten, visit http://www.pin.ed.gov/PINWebApp/pinindex.jsp to retrieve it.
• Eastern’s federal school code is 041190.
• If you have any questions, please contact Eastern's Financial Aid Office by email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or at: 304-434-8000; or toll-free, 877-982-2322: ext. 9256.
PLUS Loans for Graduate and Professional Degree Students
"What is the Graduate/Professional PLUS Loan? Graduate/Professional PLUS Loans are low-interest loans meant to help cover college ..."
Back to Top
Private Student Loans
Important Information About Private Loans: Please see this webpage [<-- click here] before entering into any private loan agreement.