Customized Degree Programs
Customized degree programs are closed enrollment programs providing students with individualized or cooperatively sponsored learning opportunities to meet educational goals. Cooperatively sponsored programs are developed in conjunction with approved apprenticeship or training programs; and the course of study is determined by agreements between Eastern West Virginia Community & Technical College and training sponsors.
Mandatory components in these programs include general education and classroom instruction in the occupational area. On-the-job training may also be awarded college credit under agreements negotiated by the parties.
Students interested in customized degree programs should contact their academic advisor for details.
Upon completion of these programs, graduates will be able to:
- Effectively use both written and verbal communication in the workplace\
- Demonstrate an understanding of technical skills required in the specific occupational area through the successful completion of an approved apprenticeship or training program
- Demonstrate knowledge of interpersonal skills and their application in the workplace
- Apply principles of mathematics and science to contemporary issues in society and in the workplace
- Board of Governors Adult Degree Completion
- Associate in Applied Science in Occupational Development
- Paraprofessional in Education Certificate
- Associate in Applied Science in Technical Studies
- Collegiate Certificate in Technical Studies
- Certified Nursing Assistant: Eastern WVCTC Workforce Education
- Child Development Associate Certificate (CDA)
- Cosmetology/Hair Stylist: Eastern WVCTC Workforce Education
- Industrial Maintenance: South Branch Career and Technical Center (Adult Division)
- Medical Assistant: Eastern WVCTC Workforce Education
- Paramedic: Eastern WVCTC Workforce Education
- Residential Care Specialist: WV Schools for the Deaf and Blind