Guidelines for Submissions to the Campus TV Monitor System
The Eastern West Virginia Community & Technical College Campus TV Monitors System is a communication tool available to the campus community to inform, publicize or promote campus activities, opportunities or events. Appropriate items for posting include campus events, information of general interest, meeting notices, etc.
The broadcast is presented to viewers through television monitors in public and congregation areas: in student lounge for example. Tv monitors are located in the Eastern WVCTC main building in three locations. Content is sent to the Technology System in Petersburg, WV regularly. Hardytel broadcasts the content on HardyOne Channel. Faculty, staff, students, campus visitors and the general public all view the monitors/content that are part of this system. Communicators using this resource should take this wide audience into consideration.
- The monitors’ broadcast is operated and maintained by the Marketing & Communications department.
- Updates are made as appropriate.
- The Marketing & Communications department maintains the right to edit or modify messages for clarity, visual style or efficiency.
- Regular messages will be suspended during a crisis to permit use of the monitors’ system for emergency communication.
How to Send a Submission
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject "TV Promotion" or submit materials in writing to the college to the attention of Monica Wilson.
We offer the following suggestions to help make messages as effective as possible:
- Keep it short and simple; typically around 20-40 words. Remember that most viewers will take 5 seconds at best to scan a message.
- Provide viewers with a source for more information: include a name and phone number or email address.