Regarding all questions about financial aid of all types that students may consider applying for to cover college costs at Eastern, contact Eastern's Financial Aid Office by email: email@example.com (877-982-2322, ext. 9256) for Eastern's specific procedures and policies, and for more information and individual advice.
All applicants for federal loans must complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
The College Foundation of West Virginia: a free "one-stop shop for information about preparing, applying, and paying for college" provides important information--see links below-- about several types of federal student loans available to most applicants. (That website is "sponsored by the West Virginia Higher Education Policy Commission, Community and Technical College System of West Virginia, West Virginia GEAR UP, and West Virginia Department of Education.")
"PLUS loans are meant to help parents cover the costs of your undergraduate school expenses. Your parents do not have to prove ..."
Check these links for information about the Federal Direct Stafford Loan Program. If you decide to apply for this loan, complete the new application (MPN: Master Promissory Note) through the following steps:
1) Go to https://studentloans.gov/. Sign in using student’s FAFSA FSA ID and password that you created when first completing the FAFSA form.
2) Complete the master promissory note (MPN). This is the loan application.
3) Complete entrance counseling.
Additional important information:
• Students will need the FAFSA FSA ID & Password. (If it is forgotten, visit http://www.pin.ed.gov/PINWebApp/pinindex.jsp to retrieve it.
(If the username is forgotten, visit https://fsaid.ed.gov/npas/pas/pub/ForgotUsername ).
(If the password is forgotten, visit https://fsaid.ed.gov/npas/pas/pub/ForgotPassword ).
• Eastern’s federal school code is 041190.
• If you have any questions, please contact Eastern's Financial Aid Office by email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or at: 304-434-8000; or toll-free, 877-982-2322: ext. 9256.
PLUS Loans for Graduate and Professional Degree Students
"What is the Graduate/Professional PLUS Loan? Graduate/Professional PLUS Loans are low-interest loans meant to help cover college ..."
Important Information About Private Loans: Please see this webpage before entering into any private loan agreement.