Learn the mechanics of producing a grant proposal document that will be ready for submission upon completion of course. Topics include grant research, planning, budget development, partnerships, document preparation, writing for the grant and proposal generation.
Upon completion of this course, participants will:
- Learn how to plan for a grant by studying approach, outcomes and evaluation processes of grant writing and grant making.
- Match a nonprofit’s mission and vision with a funder.
- Understand how the organization’s mission/purpose will guide their search for funding opportunities that have the same mission and purpose.
- Demonstrate ability to research applicable funding sources with the Foundation Center’s online grant directory.
- Comprehend what funders require in proposals, and get a look behind the scenes from a reviewer’s point of view.
- Understand the expectations of grantors when writing a proposal and evaluating, monitoring and reporting on a grant.
- Know how to submit proposals through various forms and formats including online and common applications.
- Recognize how to collect and organize key information required for a grant proposal or grant report.
- Understand how to craft a budget and budget narrative.
Taught by Rick Smith.
TUESDAYS. January 18 - March 18
6 p.m. - 8 p.m
*Rate does not include purchase of textbook. Rates are for 2022-2023 and are subject to change.