Open Door: Eastern subscribes to an "open door" admissions policy and welcomes all adults wishing to continue their education. Admission classification may vary given unique circumstances:
- Regular Students: Students with a high school diploma or its equivalent are admitted as "regular students".
- Transfer Students: Anyone who has attended another college prior to enrolling at Eastern is admitted as a "transfer" student.
- Transient Students: "Transient" students are students officially enrolled at another college.
- Conditional Students: Anyone who does not fall under one of the other admission classifications listed here (including foreign nationals), and who indicates that he or she can benefit from an instructional program or course, may be admitted as "conditional students." (Note: the Registrar will evaluate "conditional students" individually and inform them of any condtitions and/or requirements that may pertain to their admission to Eastern.)
- Early Entrance Students: High school students may be admitted as "early entrance" students if they are recommended by their school's officials.
Please note that admission to the College under any classification does not necessarily imply eligibility to enroll in a course with established prerequisites or to enter a program that has a limited number of spaces and certain minimum entrance requirements as described in specific course or program information.