ATTAIN = Advising, Technology, Training, and Innovation
Location and Hours
Find the Career Services Department on the first floor of the main campus building (Room 111). Regular Operating Hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Evening appointments are available by appointment only. Please email Dixie Heavener, Career Counselor, at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment.
- Career Services
- Job Referrals
- Internship Opportunities
- Career & Job Fairs
- Exploratory/Undecided Student Services
- Faculty Course Evaluation/Redesign
- How2 Training for Faculty
- Faculty Professional Development Opportunities
- Monthly In-Person/Virtual Career Workshops
Through a Title III grant awarded by the US Department of Education in October 2023, Eastern West Virginia Community & Technical College (Eastern) is undertaking a comprehensive approach to improving student retention and graduation.
Specifically, ATTAIN is embarking on the following components:
- A redesigned advising model with software-assisted intrusive advising.
- Enhanced career services programming with career exploration tools.
- Expanded instructional innovation with augmentation of online learning.
- Improved data analysis and implementation, including assessment.
- Increase the Foundation’s capacity to support student retention and success with improved services and systems.
Goal 1A: Improve student retention and graduation rates for first-time, full-time degree-seeking students by implementing augmented career services and improving instructional practices through innovation in support of Eastern’s Guided Pathways initiative.
Goal 1B: Improve student retention rates for first-time, part-time degree-seeking students by implementing augmented career services and improving instructional practices through innovation in support of the Guided Pathways initiative.
Goal 1C: Improve student engagement, as well as fiscal stability of the institution, by systematically assessing learning supports associated with the Title III program.
Goal 2A: Reduce academic warnings, probation, and suspension through timely, targeted, proactive intervention strategies, including career counseling strategies, intrusive advising, instructional innovation, and student assessment.
Goal 2B: Improve students’ career readiness as part of their educational programs through Eastern career initiatives.
Goal 2C: Strengthen data analysis infrastructure and college systems to improve learning outcomes and assessment, including the purchase and implementation of new data assessment and analysis tools.
Goal 3A: Improve fiscal stability by recapturing student tuition through increased retention of first-year students to the second year by ensuring completion of their goals and/or graduation.
Goal 3B: Strengthen the capacity of Eastern Foundation to support retention and success through improved processes and services.