West Virginia Adult Education
Adult Education services provide adults with educational opportunities to improve literacy skills necessary to become self-sufficient and to participate effectively in the workplace, home, and community.
Adult Education Program (A.E.)
A.E. programs deliver instruction for:
- HiSET ('High School Equivalency Test™' replaces GED® in WV to earn a WV High School Equivalency Diploma) preparation;
- Improving academic skills such as reading, math, and writing;
- Developing speaking and writing communication skills for ESL students.
Instruction is provided by qualified teachers in a conveniently located, supportive, and student-centered learning environment. All instructional services and materials are free.
Adult Education services are offered in all six counties in Eastern’s service district. Instruction is offered in-person or online. For more information, contact an office near you or visit the WV Adult Basic Education Website.
- Basic Skills Instruction (math, reading, writing)
- Computer Instruction & Certifications
- CSM Course (Math 121 College Credit)
- Customer Service Certifications
- Digital Literacy Certification
- Employment Skills Instruction: Job applications, resumes, cover letters, interviewing
- English as a Second Language (ESL)
- HiSET (replaces GED® in WV to earn a WV High School Equivalency Diploma) Test Preparation
- Microsoft Office Certification
- Online Instruction
- Preparation for college entrance & Accuplacer Exam
- Service Personnel Preparation Course
- Test Preparation: WorkKeys™, Civil Service, ASVAB
- Testing: HiSET (replaces GED® in WV) Practice Test; TABE testing
- Tutoring for Eastern students
- Work Ethics Certifications
Grant and Pendleton County
Instructor and referral contact: Amanda Barger
Hours: 8:30 am - 3:00 pm, Monday - Thursday, 9:00 am - noon, Friday
Location: 65 Spring Avenue Suite A, Petersburg, WV
Phone & Fax: 304-257-1277