Eastern West Virginia Community and Technical College (Eastern) is committed to supporting the College's mission as a state supported institution of learning by providing convenient, effective access to high quality library services.
Eastern provides access to online library resources and databases through an agreement with Southern WV Community and Technical College. Through the online library services, students can obtain assistance from a professional reference librarian. The reference librarian can assist students with finding library resources and completing research projects.
To schedule an appointment with a reference librarian, Eastern students must contact Kim Maynard (Director of Southern WV Community and Technical College Library Services). Ms. Maynard may be contacted by phone (304-896-7345) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org ).
In keeping with its mission, EWVCTC provides the following library services:
NOTE: To access the following EBSCO resources from off-campus, students should enter their Student ID as the Patron ID. If accessing these resources from on-campus, students will not be asked to enter a Patron ID.
To access Interlibrary Loan Services through Southern West Virginia Community and Technical College, follow these instructions:
1. Find the material you want to borrow on Southern's On-line Library Catalog:http://southernwv.edu/library
2. Fill out a Southern Interlibrary Loan Request Form [<-click here] and submit it to Laurel Godlove, Academic Services Coordinator at Eastern. Phone: (304) 434-8000 Ext. 9244 Email: email@example.com.
3. Give your Southern Interlibrary Loan Request Form to the Academic Services Program Coordinator. Phone: (304) 434-8000 Ext. 9244 Email: Laurel Godlove.
4. Within a week, your requested material will be mailed to Eastern and can be picked up by contacting the Academic Services Program Coordinator. Phone: (304) 434-8000 Ext. 9244 Email: Laurel Godlove.
5. Please return your requested material five days before its due date. Eastern is responsible for return shipment and in order to avoid overdue fines, you must return your requested material early. You are responsible for all late fees, special mailing fees to meet due dates, or replacement costs for materials not returned. A hold will be placed on your student record for all past due materials.
PLEASE NOTE: If you need special assistance from a reference librarian, call Southern's library at 304-792-7098 or email Kim Maynard (Head of Southern Library Services) to request your reference material.
The West Virginia Library Commission provides Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Services through the Statewide ILL Request System. Interested users can fill out the form provided on the Statewide ILL Request System to make loan requests.