Student Organizations & Activities
Student Government Association (SGA)
All Eastern students are automatically members of Eastern's Student Government Association (SGA), which was established in March 2006. The purpose of the Association is to represent student concerns and interests, campus-wide, by providing a unified voice. Eastern's SGA also organizes various student events and activities throughout the academic year.
If you wish to learn more about SGA, and how you can become more actively involved, talk to Lacey Koontz, Program Coordinator and SGA Advisor, or join us at a meeting in the Student Lounge. Campus TV screens announce SGA meeting dates and times.
Phi Theta Kappa (PTK)
Phi Theta Kappa is a national honor society that recognizes and encourages the academic achievements of students attending regionally-accredited two-year institutions. PTK provides opportunities for:
- the development of leadership and service
- an intellectual climate for exchange of ideas and ideals
- lively fellowship for scholars, and
- stimulation of interest in continuing academic excellence
To be eligible for induction into Eastern's Beta Nu Lambda Chapter of PTK, students must have
- completed a minimum of 12 semester hours at Eastern (excluding developmental coursework)
- have earned a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.5 overall
- Once inducted into the honorary society, students must maintain a minimum GPA of 3.25 overall
Advisor(s): Andrea Williams, Math Faculty
Advisor(s): Curtis Hakala, Division Chair for General Studies
Eastern's Ambassadors are a group of elite students who represent Eastern at various events throughout the region.