2 Year Degree
Associate in Applied Science • 60 Credit Hours
1 Year Certificate
Certificate in Applied Science • 30 Credit Hours
Associate Degree Overview
The Automotive Technology (ATT) program provides a technical education at the Associate in Applied Science level (60 credit hours). Through instruction and practical application, students gain the knowledge and skills required of the modern automotive technician.
Successful completion of the Automotive Technology program will allow graduates to enter the workforce at the technician level, prepared to apply the knowledge and skills developed in lectures and laboratories to diagnose, troubleshoot and repair today's complex vehicles.
Students learn to comply with personal and environmental safety practices associated with:
- eye protection
- hand tools
- power equipment
- proper ventilation
- handling, storing and disposing of chemicals/materials in accordance with local, state, and federal safety and environmental regulations
Upon successful completion of the Automotive Technology program the graduate will be able to:
- Apply accepted safety and health practices in the workplace
- Use proper tools and instrumentation to diagnose, troubleshoot and repair braking, suspension and steering, engines, electrical and electronic systems and components, heating and air conditioning systems, manual drive trains and axles in automobiles, and automobiles with automatic transmissions and transaxles
- Develop scientific knowledge and mathematical analytical skills and techniques
- Demonstrate an appreciation and awareness of human and cultural diversity in life as well as the workplace
- Apply effective written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrate computer literacy
- Automatic Transmissions & Transaxles
- Automotive Electricity/Electronics
- Automotive Heating & Air Conditioning
- Braking Systems
- Engine Performance
- Engine Repair
- Manual Drive Train & Transaxle
- Suspension & Steering
Students successfully completing automotive classes will be prepared to take the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification exams.
The Automotive Technology (ATT) Certificate in Applied Science provides a technical education at the certificate level. Through instruction and practical application, students gain the knowledge and skills required of the modern automotive technician. Successful completion of the Automotive Technology program will allow graduates to enter the workforce at the technician level. They are prepared to apply the knowledge and skills developed in lectures and laboratories to diagnose, troubleshoot and repair today’s complex vehicles.
Full-time day. (Students attending part-time should see advisor for recommended course sequencing.)
Estimate Your Costs
Eastern is one of the most affordable colleges in the United States!
Rates are for 2022-2023 and based on two full-time (12 credit hour) semesters. Rates are subject to change and do not include books, academic supplies, or student fees.
|Tuition Rates||Eastern||WV 2-Year Colleges||WV 4-Year Colleges|
|West Virginia Residents||$4,128||$4,776||$12,410|
Program Is Eligible for West Virginia Invests
Eastern adheres to an open admission policy which means applications with a high school diploma or GED are eligible for admission.