The Paraprofessional in Education Certificate of Applied Science is designed to give students the skills to serve in a support capacity within the education system. Paraprofessionals provide instructional and clerical support for classroom teachers in elementary, middle, and high school settings.
Upon completion of this certificate, students will be able to:
- Assess children’s growth and development
- Plan and implement children’s routines within the classroom
- Plan and organize a learning environment within the classroom
- Identify and implement positive discipline strategies that can be utilized in the classroom setting
- Plan developmentally appropriate curriculum for young children
- Identify and work with children with special needs within a classroom setting
- Demonstrate appropriate responses to nurture and develop positive self-esteem
- Communicate with parents and families
- Maintain records according to state and federal guidelines
Estimate Your Costs
Eastern is one of the most affordable colleges in the United States!
Rates are for 2022-2023 and based on two full-time (12 credit hour) semesters. Rates are subject to change and do not include books, academic supplies, or student fees.
|Tuition Rates||Eastern||WV 2-Year Colleges||WV 4-Year Colleges|
|West Virginia Residents||$4,128||$4,776||$12,410|
Eastern adheres to an open admission policy which means applications with a high school diploma or GED are eligible for admission.