Traditional Student Scholarship
The Eastern West Virginia Community and Technical College Scholarship will be awarded to one student from the Potomac Highlands.
About the Scholarship
The scholarship will be awarded in the form of a waiver for tuition and fees associated with attendance at Eastern West Virginia Community and Technical College (excluded are the following fees: book, online fees, lab, and other student fees) for one academic year, with a review after the first semester before renewal.
To apply, students must meet the following basic requirements:
- Be a graduating high school senior; or earning a TASC certificate or earning a home-school diploma;
- Have a 2.5 or higher cumulative grade point average, as of the end of the first semester of his/her senior year; TASC recipient earn a 550 minimum average on all 5 parts of the test in order to be eligible for the scholarship;
- Be attending Eastern West Virginia Community and Technical College as a full-time student after high school graduation during the same year that the scholarship application is completed;
- Be 23 years old or younger;
- Enroll in one of the transfer degree programs (AA) not eligible for the WV Invests Grant (www.wvinvests.org)
- Complete the required application which is to be neatly handwritten or typed. Additional sheets may be attached as needed;
- Complete the FAFSA and any other documents needed by financial aid and admissions.
The application deadline for the Traditional Student Scholarship is the last Friday in April each calendar year.