2 Year Degree
Associate in Applied Science • 60 Credit Hours
1 Year Certificate
Certificate in Applied Science • 30 Credit Hours
Associate Degree Overview
Additional Information: Date Created 8/25/2017. These disclosures are required by the U.S. Department of Education.
Upon successful completion of the program, graduates will be able to:
- Manage an office setting
- Supervise office staff
- Process and receive communication
- Coordinate events and activities
- Maintain office and business records
- Maintain office supplies and equipment
- Design informational materials
- Assist in budgeting process
- Demonstrate effective communication and computational skills
- Utilize software programs
- Assist in entry-level bookkeeping, billing and accounting
The program qualifies graduates for many positions, including jobs such as:
- biological technician
- environmental technician
- GIS technician
Students enrolled in this program may be eligible for the Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Skill Set. Students should contact their academic program advisor or refer to the current catalog for additional information.
The Certificate in Applied Science prepares students with a foundation of knowledge in biology and environmental geoscience to assist in decision-making in the biological and environmental technology field. Students are also able to collect and analyze data using GPS and GIS. Upon successful completion of the Biological and Environmental Technology Certificate, graduates will be able to:
- Communicate technical information accurately and effectively in oral, written, visual, and electronic forms
- Use global positioning systems (G.P.S.) and geographic information systems (G.I.S.) to collect, map, and analyze biological and environmental data
Full-time day, part-time evening. (Students attending part-time should see advisor for recommended course sequencing.)
Estimate Your Costs
Eastern is one of the most affordable colleges in the United States!
Rates are for 2020-2021 based on two full-time (12 credit hour) semesters. Rates are subject to change and do not include books, academic supplies, or student fees.
|Tuition Rates||Eastern||WV 2-Year Colleges||WV 4-Year Colleges|
|West Virginia Residents||$3,768||$4,776||$12,410|
The Biological and Environmental Technology Program at Eastern is eligible for West Virginia Invests.
Note: Students enrolling in Biological and Environmental Technology courses will be assessed a laboratory fee for classes having a laboratory component. This fee is used to replace expendable materials and to maintain and upgrade laboratory equipment. See schedule for details. Students enrolled in this program may be eligible for related Skill Set Certifications. Students should contact their academic program advisor or refer to the Skill Set section in the catalog for additional information.
Eastern adheres to an open admission policy which means applications with a high school diploma or GED are eligible for admission.