- This event has passed.
Potomac Highlands Agritourism Summit
March 15 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
The future is bright for agribusiness entrepreneurs in the Potomac Highlands region looking to create a sustainable agritourism venture. Network with industry experts and business leaders, learn the pros and cons of common agritourism models, and improve your business at the first Potomac Highlands Agritourism Summit!
Lunch, a grazing table, and refreshments will be provided by The Grove, with vegan options available. All attendees will also receive a tourism “goodie bag” full of resources and WV speciality items.
If you are interested in attending, please register at https://bit.ly/2023AgritourismSummit
There is no cost to attend. Please register by March 1.
Special thanks to our partners for making this possible: WVU Extension Service, the WV Department of Agriculture, Appalachian Forest National Heritage Area, and the Claude Worthington Benedum Foundation.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
10 A.M. Welcome by Eastern President Thomas Striplin
11:30 A.M. Keynote Presentation + Q&A by Dr. Dee Signh-Knights
11:50 A.M. Lunch by The Grove
12 – 2:50 P.M. Breakout Sessions
- Resources for Improving Your Agritourism Enterprise (with WV Grown, Tourism Office and more)
- Hospitality in Food and Drink Tourism (with Still Hollow, Swilled Dog, and more)
- Innovative Ideas to Enhance Tourism in the Potomac Highlands (with Frostmore Farms)
- Pros and Cons of Agritourism and Seasonal “Pick-Your-Own” Models (with Buena Vista Farm, May Tree Farm. CW’s Corn Maze and more)
3 P.M. Closing Session + Survey
- Maya Paul – Agritourism Brochure Highlight