Self-Assessment for Course Placement
Accuplacer - Course Placement Assessments
You need to take the Assessment for Course Placement:
- If you are seeking a degree or certificate you are required to take the assessments in reading, math, and English.
- If you are not seeking a degree or certificate you are required to take the assessments before registering for any class with an applicable prerequisite.
You are exempt from Assessment for Course Placement:
- If you scored a 17 or higher on the ACT reading test, 18 or higher on the ACT English test, and 19 or higher on the ACT math test within the last 5 years or
- If you scored a 480 or higher on the SAT Evidence-Based Reading & Writing section and a 500 or higher on the SAT math test
- If you completed a college-level reading, English, or math class
When should you complete your placement assessments?
- You are encouraged to complete your assessments before registering for your first class
- Assessment sessions are open but if you wish to schedule an appointment please do so
Oftentimes, many individuals may need to take a transitional or 'refresher' class to brush up their skills prior to entering a college-level course.
Practice and Get Prepared for Test Day
The ACCUPLACER web-based study app features practice tests in each test subject. It is accessible from most devices with internet access and will help you become familiar with the content and format of the ACCUPLACER test questions.
- “Learn as you go” tests provide you with an explanation of the correct or incorrect responses.
- Sample tests are similar to the real thing, so you’ll know ahead of time what your experience will be like on test day.
- You can save your work at any time, and come back when it’s convenient for you.
- You can review your score history to see what you’re already doing well and what skills you should focus on improving.