This billing and coding program delivers the skills students need to solve insurance billing and coding problems. It details the proper assignment of codes and the process to file claims for reimbursement. Course topics include HIPAA and Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), the Health Insurance Claim Form (CMS 1500), basics of diagnostic and procedural coding, tracing delinquent claims and insurance issues, CPT modifiers, and more. Subject areas include Medical Terminology and Medical Billing & Coding
- Identify the important role of a medical coder in upholding ethical billing practices and in obtaining reimbursement for healthcare services
- Correctly use the ICD-10-CM for diagnostic coding
- Correctly use CPT codes for coding medical procedures
- Apply national and local HCPCS codes and modifiers
- Explain the purpose and use if ICD-10-PCS codes
Online. Self-paced. Three month completion.
*Rates include e-books. Rates are for 2022-2023 and are subject to change. Financial aid is available for those who qualify.