- Accuplacer Testing: Eastern offers the Accuplacer Placement exam to all students to evaluate entry-level skills in the areas of reading, writing, and mathematics.
Students need to take the Accuplacer Exam if:
- they are seeking a degree or certificate you are required to take the assessments in reading, math, and English
- they are not seeking a degree or certificate you are required to take the assessments before registering for any class with an applicable prerequisite
Students are exempt from Assessment for Course Placement if:
- they scored a 17 or higher on the ACT Reading test, 19 or higher on the ACT Math test, and 18 or higher on the ACT English test within the last 5 years or
- they scored a 423 or higher on the SAT reading test, 500 or higher on the SAT math test, and a 480 or higher on the SAT English test or
- they completed a college-level reading, English, or math class
When should students complete their placement assessments?
- Eastern encourages students to complete the assessments before registering for the first class
- Assessment sessions are open, but students may schedule an appointment if they so wish
Oftentimes, individuals may need to take a transitional or 'refresher' class to brush up on their skills prior to entering a college-level course. Students with questions about support classes should contact the Office of Student Services, 304-434-8000, or toll-free: 877-982-2322.
- HESI Exam: Eastern requires the HESI Admission Assessment Exam for all students applying for the Nursing program. For more information, please click this link: Nursing Program
- CLEP & PEP Testing: CLEP evaluates and documents learning in a range of subjects: The College-Level Examination Program® (CLEP) helps you receive college credit for what you already know, for a fraction of the cost of a college course. Developed by the College Board, CLEP is the most widely accepted credit-by-examination program. For more information about getting transcript credit for learning they have already accomplished in other places (military, workforce training, other colleges, serious lifetime study) please see the Board of Governors Degree Page.
- NHA (National Healthcare Association) Certification Testing: Eastern is an approved site to offer and proctor National Health Career Association Certification (NHA Certification) exams. Each of the programs below includes the opportunity to sit for the NHA certification exam for that specific area during the last scheduled session for the chosen course.
- Phlebotomy Technician
- Pharmacy Technician (the Medical Billing & Coding exam)
- Medical Billing & Coding
Also, under special circumstances, Eastern can arrange to offer and proctor NHA Certification exams by special arrangement.