The Technical Studies programs are designed for students participating in college-level education and training programs sponsored by business, industry, government agencies, labor organizations, or other professional organizations. Programs are available at the associate and certificate levels. Enrollment restrictions and required courses are specified in the agreements between the College and the training provider. Contact the Division Chair for details.
Upon completion of a Technical Studies program, graduates will be able to:
- Effectively use both written and verbal communication in the workplace
- Demonstrate an understanding of technical skills required in the specific occupational area through the successful completion of an approved apprenticeship or training program
- Demonstrate knowledge of interpersonal skills and their application in the workplace
- Apply principles of mathematics and science to contemporary issues in society and in the workplace
Associate in Applied Science in Technical Studies
- Component I: General Education Core (15 credit hours)
- Component II: Technical Core (39 credit hours maximum)
- Component III: Technical/Occupational Specialty (39 credit hours maximum)
- Component IV: On-the-Job-Training (12 credit hours maximum)
- Total Credit Hours in Program: 60 – 72
Collegiate Certificate in Technical Studies
- Component I: General Education Core (Minimum of 6 credit hours)
- Component II: Technical/Occupational Specialty (24 credit hours maximum)
- Component III: Supervised Worksite-Based Training (6 credit hours maximum) OR On-the-Job-Training in the Occupation (6 credit hours maximum)
- Total Credit Hours in Program: 30 – 36
Technical Studies Approved Partnerships
Estimate Your Costs
Eastern is one of the most affordable colleges in the United States!
Rates are for 2022-2023 and based on two full-time (12 credit hour) semesters. Rates are subject to change and do not include books, academic supplies, or student fees.
|Tuition Rates||Eastern||WV 2-Year Colleges||WV 4-Year Colleges|
|West Virginia Residents||$3,840||$4,776||$12,410|
Program Is Eligible for West Virginia Invests
Eastern adheres to an open admission policy which means applications with a high school diploma or GED are eligible for admission.